These Frozen Trees that I made for Emily’s recent party are cheap and simple to make and look great as part of a Frozen Dessert Table.
To make your own you’ll need:
- 12 Ice Cream Cones (You want a tree like shape and flat base – I used these gluten free ones)
- 1 jumbo packet of marshmallows
- 1 packet of white chocolate melts
- Sprinkles in icy colours
- Baking Paper
- To start off you want to melt your marshmallows. Place all of the marshmallows in a microwave safe bowl and then microwave for 45 seconds. Remove the bowl from the microwave and start stirring. Keep stirring until all of the marshmallows are melted into a nice goopy mess.
- 3/4 fill each of your ice cream cones with the melted marshmallows then place right way up in a cup so that the marshmallow can set.
- Once the marshmallow has set in each of the ice cream cones it’s time to decorate them (I left mine overnight).
- Tip your sprinkles out onto individual plates, then melt your white chocolate following the instructions on the packet.
- Coat each of your trees in white chocolate and then roll through the sprinkles. I found the easiest way to do this was to use a pair of tongs inside the icecream cone (which is why you only fill the cones to 3/4s).
- After you coat each ice cream cone place them upside down on a plate covered in baking paper. Once all of the trees are finished put your plate in the fridge to set the white chocolate.
- And you’re done!